Our story began in 2008, when we were just two students setting out to complete a university degree. A chance encounter lead to an enduring partnership between a pianist and a cellist.
Together we travelled many countries, played many concerts and won many awards.
It wasn’t until over breakfast one day that Yasmin’s father collectively called us “y-squared!” did the name take meaning. Since then we’ve strived constantly to synonymize the name Y-Squared with excellence in all aspects of music performance.
- May – Yasmin wins 2nd prize at the RNCM Recital Prize!
- April – Huge congratulations to Yasmin!! RNCM offered her the prestigious International Artist Diploma in 2014 with a select few applicants. She will be performing a concerto with Manchester Camerata – she’s also screeching in her bedroom…
- March – RNCM Strings Weekend, Beethoven Sonata in F major for Piano and Cello.
- February – Invited back to perform at St. James Piccadilly in December 2013.
- February – Invited back to perform at the Bridgewater Concert Hall in March 2014.
- January – Y-Squared has been offered a Wigmore Hall debut for 2013/14 from Kirckman Concert Society!
- December – The end of the Mayan Long Count calendar has come and gone; 2013 is arriving. We have recorded a special track for all of you over this pretty special time of year – head over to the Portfolio section or check it out HERE
- December – Launched the new website. Thanks for stopping by!
- September – After a rigorous day of auditioning, Y-Squared was awarded the Tunnell Trust Award 2012 and a tour of Scotland in 2014.